Holiday Gift Guide November 26 2020
We have so many talented entrepreneurs right here in our own backyard (not literally, but you get the point!) This holiday season I suggest we all look to local businesses for gifts. To help you get started, I put together a list of some of my favourites for you. Have a browse, share with your friends and let me know what your favourite local shops are too! Some of these are local to me (and many of you are not), but I'm positive these will give you some great ideas so please make sure to check out your local markets and clothing boutiques for beautiful, thoughtful presents your loved ones will enjoy.
For the kids
* Toy Maker of Lunenburg has been making quality wooden toys since 1979 and value natural wooden toys over plastic disposable toys for creative play. These toys are beautiful and we are sure there's something here for the little ones on your list. Think classic toy train or flip flop! They even make custom toys.
* Neezies kids' clothes Of course I recommend Neezies! Quality, locally and ethically made clothing for your infants and toddlers. Check out the crawling pants for added comfort! Your littles will just LOVE them! Plus, with every purchase, you are helping make a difference in the lives of Women and Children across the Maritimes through Neezies' partnership with the IWK Foundation.
For the ones with the Sweet Tooth
* Chapel Cove Chocolate is a New Glasgow chocolatier, who produces custom gourmet chocolate bars and novelty items for retail, tourism, conventions, weddings and special events. They can customize labels and even help organizations fund raise! Bonus: All of their products are gluten free and most are soy free.
For the health guru
* Arbonne Nutrition Package from Lindsay Corbin. Lindsay is a passionate local boss mama who has her BSc and Masters in Nutrition and over 20 years of education and experience. Ask her anything about healthy living and she'll recommend the best products and programs! (She can also help with makeup and skin care.)
For teens and fashionistas
* Snowblower from Proudfoot Motors
* Beautycounter products from Julie Chandler. Julie is a local boss babe and mom of two with a passion for clean beauty. Give her a shout and she'll recommend the perfect products for you and your loved ones!
* Gift card to Morgan Webb Photography Morgan offers lifestyle and studio photography across the Maritimes. This talented mama will beautifully capture all the details of your happiest moments.
*Goodie bag or gift card from Chelsea Laine Salon and Colour Bar or their favourite local salon or spa
For the Foodie on your list
* Sunny Cove Honey offers delicious, pure tasting honey from hives carefully placed along the coast of rural Nova Scotia. This local family works together to produce unfiltered, unpasteurized honey and products from the hive. Perfect gifts for the foodie on your list.
* A chicken or turkey from D. Barker Farms D Barker Farms is a Nova Scotia licensed grower of free range chickens and turkeys. Their poultry is free of antibiotics and has no added hormones.
*Pastasalt is a local female run business providing beautiful and delicious charcuterie boards! Order one for your friend, your parents, or yourself this holiday season. You won't be disappointed! With gathering limits decreasing in parts of the province, Erin will create boards suitable for groups of five or even mini boards for two.
* Gift card to their favourite restaurant - treat them to lovely meal that they don't have to cook or clean up after!
For the reader on your list
For those who don't need anything
*How about a donation in their name to a charitable organization like the SPCA, United Way, IWK Foundation or your local Food Bank?
These are just some of the amazing local businesses around that I am familiar with. I could keep going and going, but I will end with another reminder to check out your local markets and clothing boutiques for great, thoughtful presents for your loved ones.
Wishing you all happy and safe shopping this holiday season!